Note: expressions of interest in the 2016 Melbourne Stronger Communities grants program have now closed.
Do you have an idea to make the Melbourne community stronger?
Expressions of interest are now being accepted for the 2016 Stronger Communities grants for the Federal Electorate of Melbourne.
The Melbourne Stronger Communities grants can provide funding for small infrastructure projects that deliver social benefits and strengthen the Melbourne community.
How does it work?
- Grants will be awarded to small infrastructure projects that strengthen the Melbourne community and contribute to local community participation and cohesion.
- Melbourne Stronger Communities grants funding must be used for capital purchases. This might be anything physical, from changes to public space to repairs to your community centre to new physical equipment that will assist your volunteers. Please note that the grants are not available for non-infrastructure costs such as salaries, rent, recurring costs or events.
- The program is open to local councils and community not-for-profit organisations.
- Applicants must have a current ABN.
- Your project must be located within the Federal electorate of Melbourne. If you're not sure whether you're in the electorate, check here or contact Adam Bandt's office prior to lodging and expression of interest.
- Grants of $5,000 to a maximum of $20,000 are available.
- Up to $150,000 may be allocated in total.
- All grants must be matched at least dollar-for-dollar through fundraising or by the successful organisation in cash or in-kind support.
- A community consultation committee convened by Adam Bandt MP will consider all expressions of interest, and selected projects will be invited to lodge an application to be submitted to the Department of Infrastructure.
Full program guidelines are available here - please read this to make sure that your project is suitable for this program.
Raising funds can be a challenge for all community organisations, so we're keen to support you in meeting the program requirement to match grant funding with your own fundraising. Adam's team will host an information session for community groups on Monday 7 March, 4pm-5pm at 296 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Please click here for details and to RSVP.
You can contact Adam's office on 9417 0759 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss the program or your idea with us.
24 February 2016: Expressions of interest open
7 March 2016: Information session hosted from 4pm-5pm at Adam's electorate office (296 Brunswick St, Fitzroy); please RSVP here
25 March 2016: Expressions of interest close
8 April 2016: Projects selected by community panel invited to lodge application
26 April 2016: Application forms to be submitted by invited applicants
29 April 2016: Applications to be referred to Department of Infrastructure and Transport by Adam Bandt MP