Do you have an idea for a community-led environment project in Melbourne?
Expressions of interest are now being accepted for the 2019 Communities Environment grants program for the federal electorate of Melbourne.
These grants can provide funding for small community-led environmental projects that address local enviroment priorities in Melbourne.
How does it work?
- Grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 are available for local community projects.
- You have to spend the grant on improving the local environment in Melbourne.
- The Communities Environment grant can cover up to 100% of the total project cost.
- Applications take place in two steps: first, expressions of interest are made to Adam Bandt MP. Second, following community consultation, selected applicants are invited to complete their application process with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science and the Department of Environment and Energy
Who can apply?
- not-for-profit incorporated organisations
- local governments
- trustees with responsibility for a community asset
What can the grants be used for?
Grants can be used for a range of activities to improve the local environment. Projects must be scheduled for completion by 31 December 2020.
This is the first time these grants are available.
If you have an idea and you're unsure whether it qualifies for a grant, contact Adam's office to discuss it with us.
How to apply
- Submit an expression of interest here by 5pm on Friday 30 August, 2019.
Further details and full program guidelines are available at https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/communities-environment-program.
You can contact Adam's office on 9417 0759 or by email at [email protected] if you would like to discuss the program or your idea with us.
We’ll be holding an information session about this from 5:00-6:00 pm on the 22nd of August (Thursday) at Adam’s office (296 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy).
7 August 2019: Expressions of interest open
30 August 2019: Deadline for submitting an expression of interest to Adam Bandt MP
Mid to Late September 2019: Projects identified by community consultation program will be invited to formally apply to Department
10 October 2019: Applications to Department close (for organisations that have been invited to apply only)