The economy is rigged.
Since the 1980s, under Labor and Liberal governments, workplace laws have cut award conditions, kept wages down and restricted people's rights to organise. While big corporations' profits are soaring, inequality is the highest it has been for 70 years. Our industrial relations laws are broken and it is time to change the rules.
Join the Greens contingent at the Change The Rules rally.
Meet at 10am this Wednesday 9 May. The Greens contingent will gather at the 8 hour monument on the corner of Victoria St and Lygon St. RSVP below, or join us on the day.
The Greens stand for:
- Labour laws that reduce inequality including: increasing the minimum wage to a living wage; stronger awards; ending employers' ability to terminate agreements during bargaining; restoration of penalty rates; reinstating the Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal; and paid family and domestic violence leave.
- Equal pay for equal work including: equal pay for gig economy and labour hire workers; ending the gender pay gap; tackling wage theft; abolishing work for the dole; and stopping contracting out of minimum conditions.
- Tackling job insecurity and giving workers more control including: restricting casualisation and contracting out; the right to work fewer hours if you want.
- The right to engage in industrial action including: abolishing the ABCC and the Registered Organisation Commission; restoring the right to strike consistent with international law; and bargaining at whatever level workers consider appropriate, not just within an enterprise.
- Creating jobs and tackling unemployment including: large-scale government investment in services, infrastructure and industry support; and returning essential services to public ownership.
- No more unfair trade deals that undercut labour laws.
Cnr Victoria St and Lygon St
Carlton, VIC 3053
Google map and directions