CLEAN UP POLITICS
It’s time to take our democracy back and get the big corporations and dirty donations out of politics. In Parliament, I introduced the first-ever bill for a Federal Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) in the House of Representatives.
Since 2012, the Liberal and Labor parties have taken over $200 million from big corporations.
Those in charge are incapable of delivering a better future for all of us because they are beholden to the property developers, big banks, and mining giants that hand them donations in return for secret meetings and favourable decisions worth billions – with no transparency or accountability.
To return integrity to politics, Adam and the Greens will:
- Establish a Federal anti-corruption watchdog (ICAC)
- Ban political donations from toxic industries like tobacco, big developers and gambling
- Limit individual donations to politicians to $1,000 per year
- Ban politicians from taking cushy corporate lobbying jobs after they retire
- Lift parliamentary standards with an enforceable Code of Conduct. Introduce truth in political advertising laws, and ensure public money is not being used to promote political party interests.
- End government handouts to the billionaires and big corporations, like the fossil fuel industry
By cleaning up politics and making the billionaires and the big corporations pay their fair share, we can roll back inequality, make the investments we need for the next decade and bring down the costs of the essential services you rely on.
Learn more about our plan to clean up politics