I love supporting local community groups and businesses through grant projects. You may be eligible for a Victorian Government or Federal Government grant. You can visit the Victorian Government grant website or the Federal Government grant website to find out more information.
We're always happy to provide organisations and businesses with information about grants. Contact the office on (03) 9417 0759 to discuss potential opportunities.
Stronger Community Grants
Do you have an idea to make the Melbourne community stronger?
Expressions of interest are now open for the 2021 (Round 7) Stronger Communities grants program for the federal electorate of Melbourne.
Melbourne Stronger Communities grants can provide funding for small infrastructure projects that deliver social benefits to the Melbourne community by encouraging and supporting participation in local projects, improving local community participation and contributing to vibrant and viable communities.
How does it work?
Grant amounts between $2,500 and $20,000 are available for local community projects.
The grant amount for small capital projects is up to 100% of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50% of eligible projects costs.
You must spend the grant on infrastructure or capital costs. Non-capital spending like salaries, office supplies, training costs, recurring or ongoing costs, or events is not eligible.
Applications take place in two steps:
- first, expressions of interest are made to Adam Bandt MP.
- second, following community consultation, selected applicants are invited to complete their application process with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science and the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development.
Who can apply?
- not-for-profit incorporated organisations
- non-distributing co-operatives
- companies limited by guarantee
- Indigenous corporations
- religious organisations incorporated under legislation
- Government agencies or entities that are a fire service, state emergency service or similar
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property
- a local governing body.
What can the grants be used for?
Grants can be used for capital purchases and projects. Spending that is not associated with a capital project (e.g. events, salaries, ongoing programs) is not eligible for a Stronger Communities grant. Projects that promote social inclusion, encourage community participation, or address existing social need in the Melbourne community will be prioritised.
Examples of previous successful projects include:
- fit-outs of community meeting spaces and neighbourhood houses
- computers for community homework club
- solar panels on community centre
- childcare centre play equipment
- canteen at sports field
- equipment for community food programs
- new training spaces for community-run employment programs
- community garden facilities
- community mural
If you have an idea and you’re unsure whether it qualifies for a grant, contact Adam’s office to discuss it with us.
How to apply
Submit your Expression of Interest by 5pm Wednesday 17 November 2021.
You can submit yours here:
Further details and full program guidelines are available at www.business.gov.au/scp.
You can contact Adam’s office on 9417 0772 or by email at [email protected] if you would like to discuss the program or your idea with us.
Expressions of interest are now open and will close at 5pm on 17 November 2021.
If your organisation is successful in getting through to the second stage of the application process, you will need to complete your online application by 19 January 2022.