Everyone should have access to high-quality public education, from childcare to schools to tertiary, no matter how much you can pay or where you live.
Education is opportunity, for people and the nation. It is central to a caring and prosperous society. It must be funded from early childhood, through to tertiary and lifelong learning.
The Greens will:
- Fully implement the Gonski schools funding package, which will resource schools on the basis of need.
- Invest $20.5 billion over the next 10 years to ensure every public school can meet the needs of all students.
- Increase funding so schools can focus on the areas where resources are required, such as science, technology and Asian languages.
- Support anti-bullying programs to ensure we have safe schools.
After years of government neglect, universities and TAFEs are under pressure and desperately need a funding boost.
Adam and the Greens will:
- Abolish fees and bring back universal free TAFE and undergraduate university.
- Always oppose any move to cut funding to tertiary institutions or increase costs for students.
- Support university staff by linking funding to increases in security of their work.