A number of government agencies provide grants for sporting clubs, individuals and National Sporting Organisations to assist with facilities, equipment, increasing participation, travel and training, as listed below.
Australian Sports Commission
The ASC have a number of funding opportunities available, particularly for elite athletes and officials for training and travel.
- Elite Indigenous Travel and Accommodation Assistance Program
- Local Sporting Champions Grants Program
- Women Leaders in Sport Grant Program
- National Officiating Scholarship Program
- dAIS Athlete Grant
Sporting Schools provides funding and assistance for primary schools to link them with national sporting organisations and coaches for 30 different sports.
Sport and Recreation Victoria
Sport and Recreation Victoria provides a number of grants throughout the year including:
- Sporting Club Grants
- Community Sports Infrastructure Fund
- Access for All Abilities Program
- Indigenous Sports Development Program
- Significant Sporting Events Program
- Better Indoor Stadiums Fund
- Defibrillators for Sporting Clubs and Facilities Program
- Supporting Victorian Sport and Recreation Program
- Athlete Pathway Travel Grants Program
- Regional Sport and Recreation Program
- Emergency grants: Sports Equipment
- Shooting Sports Facilities Program
The ASF can also help facilitate clubs' fundraising with the Fundraising4Sport program.
VicHealth provides a number of grants throughout the year to increase sporting access, participation and research, including: