Melbourne voters had a huge impact on the national agenda by voting Green. Adam has been our strong independent voice in the middle of Federal Parliament fighting for what matters. Here are some of Adam's other achievements:
- Securing legislative safeguards against the privatisation of the NBN.
- Protecting children in remote communities from petrol sniffing.
- Securing a Children’s Commissioner to stand up for children’s rights.
- Securing additional funding for SBS and the ABC and restoring the Australian Music Radio AirPlay Project.
- Action on sports betting and making sure kids don’t think live odds are another part of the game.
- Strengthening the authority of Territorian Governments to make their own choices.
- Increasing protection for fire fighters who contract cancer in the line of duty.
- Establishing the Melbourne Employment Forum to enhance migrant employment opportunities.
- Minimising the impacts of the Australian Building and Construction Commission so that building workers aren’t treated worse than criminals.
- Securing rights for seafarers so they’re treated the same as other workers when they get sick.
- Securing federal funding for JobWatch to provide legal support services for Melbourne workers.
- Securing $20m to restore and develop our local heritage in the Royal Exhibition Building.
- Stopping the East West toll road from dividing our neighbourhoods and destroying what we love about our city.
Adam will continue to campaign on and stand up for what matters.