VOLUNTEER GRANTS 2022
Expressions of interest are now open for the 2022 Melbourne Volunteer Grants program.
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 21 September 2022
The Volunteer Grants program provides funding to not-for-profit organisations whose workforce is comprised of at least 40% volunteers. Grants are available to buy small equipment for volunteers, for the reimbursement of volunteer transport, training or background screening costs, to promote volunteer opportunities and to make your workplace COVID-safe for volunteers.
How does it work?
Grant amounts between $1,000 and $5,000 are available for local organisations.
Applications take place in two steps:
- First, expressions of interest are made to Adam Bandt MP.
- Second, following community consultation, selected applicants are invited to complete their application process with the Community Grants Hub.
Who can apply?
- Not-for-profit incorporated organisations whose workforce is comprised of at least 40% volunteers;
- An unincorporated association that agrees to the primary contact on your application assuming personal legal liability on behalf of the organisation should the application be successful; and
- Trustees applying on behalf of a Trust.
Note: your organisation must be located within the federal electorate of Melbourne. (You can find your local electorate at the AEC website.)
What can the grants be used for?
Grants are available to buy small equipment for volunteers, to reimburse transport costs of volunteers with a disability or fuel costs incurred by volunteers, training or background screening costs, to promote volunteer opportunities and to make your workplace COVID-safe for volunteers.
How to apply
Submit your Expression of Interest by 5pm Wednesday 21 September 2022.
You can contact Adam's office on 03 9417 0772 or by email at [email protected] if you would like to discuss the program or your idea with us.
Expressions of interest are now open and will close at 5pm on Wednesday 21 September 2022.
If your organisation is successful in getting through to the second stage of the application process, you will need to complete your online application by 5 December 2022.