OFFICE OF ADAM BANDT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Your chance to be part of democracy in action in Melbourne.
Are you passionate about social justice? The environment? Local community issues? Workers' rights? Looking to be part of the solution?
Here’s your opportunity to gain first-hand experience volunteering with the leader of the Federal Greens and Melbourne's Lower House Federal representative and make an impact. Adam Bandt MP is looking for volunteers to join his team in Melbourne in the first half of 2024.
The volunteer training program is an opportunity to develop your skills and contribute to the community.
We know skills can be built quickly. Initiative and a thirst for knowledge are the most important qualities we are looking for.
What will you be doing?
You will be contributing to one of the work areas of Community and Sentiment Mapping, Communications and Social Media, Constituent Casework, Community Campaigning and Policy.
Each work area has a different scope, and will be working with a direct mentor:
- Community and Sentiment Mapping Assistant: You will map the community (schools, community groups, issue groups) while using voter contact data in those electorates to map the interest.
- Communications and Social Media Trainee: You will be trained in working with our socials materials, understanding how to target their socials and how we use sounds and trends to communicate key Greens campaigns and messages.
- Constituent Casework Assistant: You will work closely with constituents to assist them in accessing support services and advocating for governmental services to act on their issues.
- Community Campaigner: You will be working with the local community to identify issues within the community, conducting community listening posts and setting up mutual aid programs from the electorate office.
- Policy Assistant: You will conduct research projects and report generation to assist the policy team with crafting and presenting our platform and policies.
How does it work?
The basic time commitment is two days a week for four months;
- The position is voluntary. No financial remuneration is available, and no employment positions are on offer;
Volunteers will be offered four training sessions and regular mentoring;
Costs incurred during project work will be reimbursed as negotiated;
Volunteers will be mentored by staff;
Students seeking a placement or internship for course accreditation can be accommodated; get in touch with us to learn more;
Our office is open 9 am-5 pm, Monday to Friday, so some availability during business hours is necessary. However, the time commitment is flexible and will be negotiated to ensure a convenient arrangement. Please speak with us about your individual requirements.
I have questions!
If you would like more information about the program, please email Patrick with the subject line "Volunteer Program 2024" to [email protected] and include a contact telephone number, or call 9417 0772.
How to apply:
The Office of Adam Bandt MP is an equal opportunity employer; we know that strength comes with diversity and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as well as people of any ability, race, religion, gender identity and sexual orientation to apply.
There will be an introductory event on Friday, February 16, 2024, and the Volunteer Program will commence on Monday, February 19, 2024 and end on June 7, 2024.