Do you have an idea to make the Melbourne community stronger?
Expressions of interest are closing soon for the 2021 Stronger Communities grants program for the federal electorate of Melbourne.
Melbourne Stronger Communities grants can provide funding for small infrastructure projects that deliver social benefits to the Melbourne community by encouraging and supporting participation in local projects, improving local community participation and contributing to vibrant and viable communities.
- Grant amounts between $2500 and $20,000 are available for local community projects.
- The grant amount for small capital projects is up to 100% of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50% of eligible projects costs.
- You have to spend the grant on infrastructure or capital costs. Non-capital spending like salaries, recurring costs, or events is not eligible.
- Applications take place in two steps: first, expressions of interest are made to Adam Bandt MP. Second, following community consultation, selected applicants are invited to complete their application process with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science and the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development.
- not-for-profit incorporated organisations
- local governments
- trustees with responsibility for a community asset
- Organisations with a project sponsor that is an incorporated not for profit entity.
- Note: your project must be located within the federal electorate of Melbourne. (You can find your local electorate at the AEC website.)
What can the grants be used for?
Examples of previous successful projects include:
- fit-outs of community meeting spaces and neighbourhood houses
- computers for community homework club
- solar panels on community centre
- childcare centre play equipment
- canteen at sports field
- equipment for community food programs
- new training spaces for community-run employment programs
- community garden facilities
- community mural
Submit your Expression of Interest by 5pm Monday 8 February. You can submit yours here.
You can contact Adam's office on 9417 0759 or by email at [email protected] if you would like to discuss the program or your idea with us.
- Expressions of interest are now open and will close at 5pm on 8 February 2021.
- If your organisation is successful in getting through to the second stage of the application process, you will need to complete your online application by 8 March.