VOLUNTEER GRANTS 2023 (CLOSED)
Expressions of Interest have now closed for the Volunteer Grants Program 2023-24
Your organisation could be eligible for funding to support your local volunteers.
Grants are available to buy small equipment for volunteers, for the reimbursement of volunteer transport, training or background screening costs, to promote volunteer opportunities and to make your workplace more safe for volunteers.
Community groups can apply for between $1,000 and $5,000. Expressions of interest were due by Wednesday 6 September 5pm and have now closed.
EOIs have now closed
How does it work?
Grant amounts between $1,000 and $5,000 are available for local organisations.
Applications take place in two steps:
- First, expressions of interest are made to Adam Bandt MP
- Second, following community consultation, selected applicants are invited to complete their application process with the Community Grants Hub.
Who can apply?
- Not-for-profit incorporated organisations whose workforce is comprised of at least 40% volunteers
- An unincorporated association that agrees to the primary contact on your application assuming personal legal liability on behalf of the organisation should the application be successful
- Trustees applying on behalf of a Trust
Note: your organisation must be located within the federal electorate of Melbourne (You can find your local electorate at the AEC website)
What can the grants be used for?
Grants are available to:
- buy small equipment for volunteers
- reimburse transport costs of volunteers with a disability or fuel costs incurred by volunteers
- training or background screening costs
- promote volunteer opportunities
- make your workplace more safe for volunteers
If you have an idea and you're unsure whether it qualifies for a grant, refer to further information below or contact Adam's office to discuss it with us.
How to apply
Expressions of Interest were due by 5pm Wednesday 6 September 2023
EOIs have now closed
Further details and full program guidelines are available at the Community Grants Hub
You can contact Adam's office on 03 9417 0772 or email [email protected] if you would like to discuss the program or your idea with us
Expressions of interest were due 5pm Wednesday 6 September 2023.
If your organisation is successful in getting through to the second stage of the application process, you will need to complete your online application by 24 November 2023.